Thursday, June 28, 2012

Busy Day

Sitting here with my cup of coffee, cream and sugar thank you very much! Yesterday was crazy! We need new siding and windows, so I made an appointment for someone to come out and give us an estimate. He is coming Monday, and I am excited to see what he has to say! Now, what color siding? I am thinking a buttery yellow. What do you think for an old farmhouse?

Yesterday, I went back to the salon where I used to rent a room and run my hair salon. I miss it there so very much. The women where (are!) like a family to me, and the salon is in an old Victorian home turned salon. I had Joelle color and trim my hair, and it was so much fun visiting with her. Cindy even got to come up and visit for a bit! I was all ready to chop off my hair, and brought pictures of two actresses who have similar hair to mine. Luckily, Joelle knows me and my hair. We decided to just trim it up for now, and it looks fabulous! Thanks, Joelle!

I have several weddings to attend this year, and the first is this Friday. I was out until 9 p.m. last night trying on dresses and found NOTHING I liked. I hate shopping and trying on clothes as it is, but when I have to get something for a special event... grrr! I peeked in my closet when I got home, because quite frankly, I am sick of shopping. I found a long dress that I have had at least 10 years. It is beautiful, and I am going to wear it! Yes, I am. It is a timely classic style that is very flattering and feminine. Everything I tried on at the store was just ugly. Some felt like I was all poofy and little girly, or like I was trying to be a Cindy Lauper impersonator. Others where just so unflattering to a figure... unless you have huge fake boobs, then they would work! Yes, I am going with my old stand-by, the dress I feel beautiful in. I will have to take a picture of it and post it. Right now it is dusty, so later today I am dropping it off at the dry cleaners. For the wedding on Friday, I am going to go a bit more casual with dress slacks and top (which was also in my closet). That wedding is for the daughter of a good friend, and there is no time to get the dress cleaned by Friday. I am sure they won't mind me being dressed nice but not formal.

After the three hours of shopping, I was beat, and was in bed by 10!Erik and I set about getting the new air conditioner put into my computer/crafting studio window. The other died a few weeks ago. It was actually quite scary, because it made an awful noise and smelled bad. If I hadn't been home and able to unplug it I am worried it may have started on fire? Unnerving to me, that idea is.

It is going to be a hot one today, so I am happy to have air in this room! It was already in the 80's at 7 a.m. Well, I better get moving.

Thanks for visiting my blog & have a great day!
Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment