Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

We had a lovely dinner this year. I made all the fixings, and my family was in attendance. All that was missing was was my hubby, Mike (still in Iraq), and it was the first Thanksgiving after losing Gram. I miss them both so much.

Ever wonder how they figure out the date for Thanksgiving Day? I looked it up and here it is:

In The United States Thanksgiving is observed on the every fourth Thursday of November. The holiday is celebrated in remembrance of the pilgrims and in order to give thanks.

2010
-
Thursday, November 25th
2011
-
Thursday, November 24th
2012
-
Thursday, November 22nd
2013
-
Thursday, November 28th

And now for the photos!

Gathering everything on the counter Thanksgiving morning to get things going.
Getting the caramel cheesecake (my mom's request) going.





Turkey in the fridge (above) then in the oven (below).

Done to perfection all 22 pounds of it! My first time stuffing a turkey.
Robi carved it for me... thank you Robi!

Nuts! This nut holder and crackers was my grandparents' (Christman) from before I was even born. Every Thanksgiving my Grandpa (Emil) Christman would fill it up, and we would sit around visiting and cracking nuts while we waited on dinner.
A special touch this year was whipping up the butter.
Almost looks good enough to eat with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment